Alazan

Alazan is at the junction of Farm roads 225 and 2782, seven miles west of Nacogdoches in western Nacogdoches County. The site was settled before 1900 and named for nearby Alazan Creek. A post office operated there from 1901 to 1911, and a school opened before 1904. During the 1930s the settlement comprised the school, a church, and a number of houses. The school was closed during the 1940s, and by the early 1990s only a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Alazan is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Alazan is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.58323480
Longitude: -94.78604480

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

100