Alcedo was a stop on the Texas South-Eastern Railroad a mile east of the Neches River in southwestern Angelina County. It was originally on the river, but when the Southern Lumber Company of Diboll opened a logging camp, it was moved to higher ground. An Alcedo post office opened in 1916 and operated with a brief hiatus in 1919 until in 1924, when the logging camp was closed. The community was still shown on maps as late as the mid-1930s, but most of the residents evidently left the area by the mid-1920s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Alcedo is part of or belongs to the following places:
Alcedo is classified as a Town
Has Post Office