Arnett

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Hockley County

Arnett is on Farm Road 1585 eight miles southeast of Levelland in south central Hockley County. It developed around the south headquarters of the Spade Ranch and was named in 1926 for ranch foreman Tom Arnett. J. C. Arnett was the first postmaster. A store, a filling station, and a gin served the community, which reached its peak in 1946 with about 100 residents. By 1950 the population had declined to fifty and by 1970 to twenty-six, where it remained in 1990. In 2000 the population dropped to ten.

Continue Reading

William R. Hunt | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Arnett is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Arnett is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.49259190
Longitude: -102.29184550

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

5