Babylon was midway between Dawson and Purdon, seventeen miles southwest of Corsicana in western Navarro County. It was founded by former slaves who around 1895 established a church that they named for the ancient city of Babylon because of its biblical associations; a school was in operation there by 1900. Residents traded in nearby Dawson, Purdon, or Spring Hill. The school and church were later closed, and after World War II most of the remaining residents left the area. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained at the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Babylon is part of or belongs to the following places:
Babylon is classified as a Town
Has Post Office