Hamlet was fourteen miles east of Lufkin near the site of present Biloxi in eastern Angelina County. The settlement evidently grew up in the 1880s or early 1890s. John W. and Martha A. Oates ran a general store at the site, and a post office in the Oates's store served the area from 1894 to 1908. Hamlet reported a population of ten in 1896. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Biloxi is part of or belongs to the following places:
Biloxi is classified as a Town
Has Post Office