Boaz was between Brown's and Wolf creeks sixteen miles south of Gatesville in southeastern Coryell County. It was sometimes called Dunn's House, after Joseph William Dunn, who served as postmaster when the post office opened there in 1885. The community, presumably named for the biblical Boaz, in 1890 had a mill, a gin, a Baptist church, and thirty residents. By 1896 its population had risen to fifty. The Boaz post office was discontinued in 1912, and mail for the community was sent to Tama. The site became part of the Fort Hood military reservation in the early 1940s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Boaz is part of or belongs to the following places:
Boaz is classified as a Town
- (Dunn's House)
Has Post Office