Bonita, five miles northeast of New Braunfels in eastern Comal County, was established in 1853–54 when Duncan McBryde, Thomas J. Haley, and J. S. Craft settled on lands in the Nancy Kenner and Orilla Russell leagues. Haley had his slaves seal crevices in a sinkhole on the Balcones Escarpment to make a waterhole for the livestock of the first families. In 1876 Peter Triesch donated land on the east side of Alligator or San Geronimo Creek for the school.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Bonita is part of or belongs to the following places:
Bonita is classified as a Town
Has Post Office