Seglar was six miles east of Lytle and twenty-one miles southwest of downtown San Antonio in southwestern Bexar County. It was settled sometime after the Civil War as Briggs, after George A. Briggs who served as first postmaster. A post office, named Seglar, probably for a local merchant, opened in 1891, and by 1896 the settlement had a cotton gin, a Baptist church, and a grocer. The post office was closed in 1906, and by the 1930s the town was no longer shown on maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Briggs is part of or belongs to the following places:
Briggs is classified as a Town
Has Post Office