Brown's Creek, a farming and ranching community with a one-room school, was twelve miles south of Gatesville in southern Coryell County. In 1855 John M. Brown settled on the creek, which was named for him. Residents received their mail at Boaz from 1875 until 1912. The community was in decline when the area was appropriated for Camp Hood (later Fort Hood) in 1942.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Brown's Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:
Brown's Creek is classified as a Town
Has Post Office