Cana

Cana was north of State Highway 243 and eight miles west of Canton in west central Van Zandt County. The 1936 county highway map showed a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the townsite, but by 1987 the community was no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cana is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cana is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.57457920
Longitude: -96.01469140

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No