Cap Rock is at the edge of the Caprock on State Highway 207, twenty-seven miles east of Lubbock in Crosby County. It was established in 1925 after ranchlands were broken up for farming use. On March 8, 1929, the Cap Rock school district, originally named Plum Creek School, was established under the jurisdiction of the Robertson school district. Grades one through seven were taught in a one-room building with Estelle Griffin as the first teacher. A grade school remained in operation at Cap Rock until August 23, 1960, when the district was consolidated with Ralls Independent School District. Leading pioneers include C. H. Graham, who donated land for the school; Lawrence Teston, owner of the first store; and John Wheeler, who gave land for the construction of the first gin. Cap Rock was still listed as a community in 1990. In 2000 the population was twenty-five.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Cap Rock is part of or belongs to the following places:
Cap Rock is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Cap Rock by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."