Carroll Chapel

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Carroll Chapel, on State Highway 14 fourteen miles south of Corsicana in southern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of twenty-five. In the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only the cemetery and a few scattered houses remained. In 1990 Carroll Chapel was a dispersed rural community.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Carroll Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Carroll Chapel is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.89182700
Longitude: -96.44248140

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No