Clark

Clark was seven miles northeast of Canton in northeast Van Zandt County. It had a local school enrollment of fifty-three in 1904. In 1936 the town had the school, a business, and scattered dwellings. The school was consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1987 only a grain elevator remained to service area farmers.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Clark is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Clark is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No