Clemville is on Farm Road 1468 just west of the Tres Palacios River, six miles northwest of Markham and twelve miles northwest of Bay City in northwestern Matagorda County. It was named for Charles T. Clem, who in the early 1900s was instrumental in developing several local oilfields. In 1911 Clemville secured its own post office. By 1914 the community had a general store, two hotels, two machinists, a dairy, a telephone connection, and an estimated population of 200. In 1933 the community still had 200 residents but only one business. In 1936 Clemville had three businesses, a church, and thirty dwellings. By 1949 the school had been consolidated with the Tidehaven Independent School District. In 1971 Clemville had a population of fifty-four and two businesses. In 1973 it had several dwellings and a church but no businesses. In 1990 the population was still estimated at fifty-four. The population was forty-five in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Clemville is part of or belongs to the following places:
Clemville is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Clemville by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."