Davenport is on a bend in the Red River eleven miles east of the Lamar county line in north central Red River County. When a community began to form there in the early 1880s, it was often called Jonesboro because it occupied the site of Jonesborough, one of the first settlements in the county. A post office opened in 1885 in James H. Johnson's store, and the community took the name Davenport. In 1890 its population was reported as fifty, but it fell to twenty-five by 1910. The community's post office was closed in 1922. In 1933 its population was estimated at forty-four. By 1984 Davenport consisted of a few widely scattered houses.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Davenport is part of or belongs to the following places:
Davenport is classified as a Town
Has Post Office