Decker

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Nolan County

Decker was eight miles northwest of the site that became Blackwell in south central Nolan County. A post office, named for A. F. Decker, postmaster of the Sweetwater office, was established there in 1892 with Sarah A. Jones as postmistress; it was discontinued and moved to Maryneal in 1917. Little evidence of the settlement remained by 1947. County maps in 1980 showed a Decker Lane cemetery in the vicinity.

Continue Reading

Charles G. Davis | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Decker is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Decker is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Rex 1)

Location

Latitude: 32.17763070
Longitude: -100.34704360

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No