Dempsey was seven miles east of Atlanta and twenty miles northeast of Linden in far eastern Cass County. A post office was established there in 1874 with Andrew J. Newton as postmaster. The office was discontinued the next year, reestablished in 1888, and permanently discontinued in 1901. By 1936 Dempsey had ceased to exist as a named community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Dempsey is part of or belongs to the following places:
Dempsey is classified as a Town
Has Post Office