Durie

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Bell County

Kolls was on Salado Creek eight miles southwest of Belton in south central Bell County. A post office was established there in 1898 with Albert Durie as postmaster. The office was discontinued in June 1903, and mail for the remaining residents was sent to Belton. At some time Kolls had a school.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Durie is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Durie is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Kolls)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No