Dwire

Dwire was on a country road four miles northwest of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. A post office opened in the community in 1904, and by 1914 Dwire had three grocery stores. The post office closed in 1920, and the community was no longer shown on county highway maps by the 1930s.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Dwire is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Dwire is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Brooke)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No