Elm Flat

Elm Flat, on Farm Road 633 some nine miles southeast of Corsicana in southeastern Navarro County, first formed in the late 1870s. By 1906 it had two schools, one with forty White students and the other with fifty-three Black students. At its height during the early 1930s, Elm Flat had a number of houses, several stores, two churches, a school, and a cemetery. In the mid-1960s the community had several houses, a district school, and a church. Elm Flat was a dispersed rural community in the early 1990s.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Elm Flat is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Elm Flat is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.08376500
Longitude: -96.30025520

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No