Excelsior was on the Houston, East and West Texas Railway fifty miles northeast of Houston in northern Liberty County. The Excelsior post office was established in 1912; in June of that year the town plat was drawn up at the direction of Minora Paxson Hinchliff. A large number of tram lines traversed the surrounding heavy forests, and George Hinchliff operated a sawmill at Excelsior. The post office, however, was discontinued in 1917, and the community was abandoned.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Excelsior is part of or belongs to the following places:
Excelsior is classified as a Town
Has Post Office