Ferguson

Ferguson, south of Turpentine in northwestern Jasper County, was established in 1928 as a postal stop for the nearby lumber camp at New Blox and named for W. A. Ferguson, its first postmaster. The population at Ferguson grew to about fifty before New Blox was abandoned by the loggers in the mid-1930s. The Ferguson post office was removed in 1933. By 1949 Ferguson was no longer listed in the Texas Almanac's list of towns and post office villages.

Continue Reading

Robert Wooster | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Ferguson is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Ferguson is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.03602930
Longitude: -94.13935920

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No