Finch

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Finch, a farming community off Farm Road 1129 fourteen miles northeast of Corsicana in northern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of thirty-six. At its height in the mid-1930s Finch had four churches, two schools, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Many residents moved away after World War II, and by the mid-1960s only a school, two churches, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Finch was a dispersed rural community.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Finch is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Finch is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.28403500
Longitude: -96.36692580

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No