Gay

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of San Augustine County

Gay was seven miles southwest of Bronson and nineteen miles southeast of San Augustine in southeastern San Augustine County. A post office opened in the community in 1908, and by 1914 Gay comprised an estimated fifty inhabitants, as well as a grocery store, general store, and cotton gin. Its post office closed in 1918, and by the 1930s the community was no longer shown on county highway maps.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Gay is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Gay is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Blue Spring)
  • (Evie)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No