Hamilton

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Harris County

Hamilton was laid out in 1838 on the John Brown league directly across Buffalo Bayou from Harrisburg by Walter C. White, Robert Wilson, Stephen Richardson, and Thomas Davis. The site competed temporarily with Harrisburg for location of the Harris County seat of government, but upon White's death, Davis sold his interest to William Plunkett Harris and Dr. Francis Moore, Jr., and the partners incorporated their town with Harrisburg.

Continue Reading

Claudia Hazlewood | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hamilton is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hamilton is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No