Hennessey

Hillendahl, on U.S. Highway 90 and the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad west of Hedwig Village in west central Harris County, was named for a local family. A post office, established in 1885, closed briefly in 1903 and was discontinued in 1912, when mail was delivered from Addicks. In 1907 the local school had forty-three pupils and three teachers. By the 1980s the site had an abandoned railroad station and was called Hennessey.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hennessey is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hennessey is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Hillendahl)

Location

Latitude: 29.78495030
Longitude: -95.54410970

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No