Herring, in northeastern Oldham County, was established around 1908 by Cornelius Taylor Herring and his son and partner, William E. Herring. They purchased 98,000 acres of former L S Ranch land along the Canadian River and built their headquarters a mile from old Tascosa. After Will Herring's death in 1944, the ranch was passed on to his daughter Margaret, who married Arthur H. Ware of Amarillo. In 1987 heirs of the Ware family were operating the ranch.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Herring is part of or belongs to the following places:
Herring is classified as a Town
Has Post Office