Ironosa was on Arenosa and Big Iron Ore creeks and Farm Road 711, ten miles northwest of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. It is believed to be named for nearby Arenosa Creek. The community received a post office in 1884 and by 1890 had an estimated 100 inhabitants, three general stores, a sawmill-gristmill, and a mill and gin. By 1896 Ironosa had a Baptist church. The post office closed in 1916. In the 1930s the community was on the Frost Industries Lumber Tram line, and in 1940 it had a few scattered dwellings. By the 1980s Ironosa was no longer listed on state highway maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ironosa is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ironosa is classified as a Town
Has Post Office