Lawrence Springs

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Van Zandt County

Lawrence Springs, nine miles northeast of Canton and west of Farm Road 17 in northeast Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that enrolled forty-two students by 1904 and was consolidated with the Fruitvale Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 the community had a school, a church, and multiple residences, but in 1965 only the church and scattered dwellings remained. By 1981 only residences near Herren Branch and Antioch School were left in the surrounding area.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Lawrence Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Lawrence Springs is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.64263140
Longitude: -95.78746440

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No