Anacacho was a ranching community eleven miles southeast of Brackettville on the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway, west of the Anacacho Mountains in southeastern Kinney County. A railroad depot named Leonhard is shown at the site on county maps in 1884. The community was established around the depot, chiefly by railroad employees. By 1909 the name had been changed to Anacacho. There is evidence that a game preserve was maintained near the community. By 1946 the community appears to have been abandoned.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Leonhard is part of or belongs to the following places:
Leonhard is classified as a Town
Has Post Office