Liberty is on Farm Road 1294 eight miles northwest of Idalou and twelve miles northeast of Lubbock in north central Lubbock County. Early settlers included the Lawson, Hettler, and Cone families. The community developed around a school, which by 1927 was counted as one of twenty-six school districts in Lubbock County. In 1935 the county combined the Liberty school with others at Center, Monroe, Grovesville, and Caldwell to constitute the New Deal Rural School District. The Liberty school building, like many in the area, also functioned as a meeting place for church services and community events. In the 1980s Liberty was a rural settlement with two businesses, a general store, and the Liberty Co-op Gin. The gin, which processed some 35,000 bales of cotton in 1984, serviced a considerable area. In 1990 the community's population was reported as ten. The population remained the same in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Liberty is part of or belongs to the following places:
Liberty is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009