Little Mississippi was just off Farm Road 979 near Owensville in central Robertson County. The area was first settled in the 1830s by southern cotton farmers, mostly not slave owners, who had fled the economic hard times back in the United States. Residents attended church and school at nearby Mount Vernon. The establishment of Owensville, then Calvert, and, finally, Franklin, served to draw the population away from Little Mississippi, as did the railroads that bypassed it in the late 1800s. By 1900 little remained of the community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Little Mississippi is part of or belongs to the following places:
Little Mississippi is classified as a Town
Has Post Office