Manson

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Jackson County

The site of Manson, two miles from Edna in central Jackson County, was known as Edna Stock Pens as late as 1883. When, however, the Texas and New Orleans Railroad erected a station on the site soon afterward, locals renamed the community that grew up around it Manson, after A. L. Manson, a dispatcher employed by the Southern Pacific line. In 1936 the hamlet consisted of two business establishments, a farmhouse, and a row of dwellings built along U.S. Highway 59. By 1988 Manson had apparently ceased to exist as a community.

Continue Reading

Stephen L. Hardin | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Manson is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Manson is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 28.99276070
Longitude: -96.61580890

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No