Maple

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Bailey County

Maple, on Farm Road 596 in southern Bailey County, was named for Maple Wilson, an early settler. It was established after local ranches were subdivided for farms; its post office opened in 1926. In 1940 Maple had six businesses, a school, and 600 residents. By 1980 its population had declined to 130, but the town still retained its post office and several businesses. In 1990 the population was still reported as 130. The population dropped to seventy-five in 2000.

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Adopted by: Dyrinda Tyson and Lykinda Cross
Adoption Message: In honor of our parents, Caton and Darance Tyson, and our grandparents, John and Virgie Mae Tyson.
Until: April 4th, 2025

Belongs to

Maple is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Maple is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-Wilson]

Location

Latitude: 33.84870400
Longitude: -102.89854950

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

40