Maple Springs

Maple Springs is on Farm Road 71 thirteen miles north of Mount Pleasant in northern Titus County. The site was settled before 1900, and by the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. Around the time of World War II the school was closed, and in the early 1990s only a church and a few scattered houses remained. The population was twenty-five in 2000.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Maple Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Maple Springs is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [1]
  • [Maple]
  • (Blalock)
  • (Hastings)

Location

Latitude: 33.35566950
Longitude: -95.00549410

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

25