Midway

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Midway, off Farm Road 416 six miles east of Streetman in southern Navarro County, was established before 1900, when a school was in operation; in 1906 the school had an enrollment of forty-two. In the mid-1930s Midway had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with the one at Streetman, and by the mid-1960s only a church and cemetery were left at Midway. In the early 1990s Midway was a dispersed rural community.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Midway is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Midway is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.94238200
Longitude: -96.25191900

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No