Milvid was on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway northwest of the junction of Farm Road 787 and State Highway 146 sixty miles northwest of Beaumont in northeastern Liberty County. The town's name was derived from the Miller-Vidor Lumber Company, which operated a sawmill there. Milvid was established as a lumber shipping station of the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe line. The post office was organized in 1907. With a school, a commissary, a hotel, and assorted company offices and structures, Milvid grew to a population of 350 by the early 1920s. The depletion of the lumber supply in northern Liberty and southern San Jacinto counties led to Milvid's rapid decline. The post office was discontinued in 1925, and by the early 1940s the population had fallen to forty-one. A few foundations, broken tools, and rusted implements marked the site in 1986.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Milvid is part of or belongs to the following places:
Milvid is classified as a Town
Has Post Office