Moore's Fort

Moore's Fort, near La Grange in Fayette County, was a twin blockhouse built in 1828 by John Henry Moore as a place of defense against Indians. The Texas Centennial Commission placed a marker at the site in 1936. The American Legion of La Grange occupied the site in 1994.

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Moore's Fort is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Moore's Fort is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (La Grange)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No