Mount Pleasant

Mount Pleasant is a rural community 1½ miles northeast of Snyder Lake in south central Freestone County.Its school had sixty-two black students enrolled in 1893 and fourteen in 1903. In the 1930s the community had a church, a cemetery, a school, and a number of scattered dwellings, and during the 1960s it consisted of a church, a cemetery, and several dwellings. Only the cemetery and church remained in 1990.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Mount Pleasant is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Mount Pleasant is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [2]

Location

Latitude: 31.56517330
Longitude: -96.00690820

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No