Nalyon

Nalyon was on Mill Creek two miles northeast of Vanderpool in western Bandera County. A post office opened there in 1895, with Andrew Stigler as postmaster; it was discontinued in 1897, when the mail was sent to Medina. The Nalyon school was consolidated with the Vanderpool district in 1939. The school building and a residence marked Nalyon on county highway maps in the late 1940s, but by the 1980s these structures were no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Nalyon is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Nalyon is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Vanderpool)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No