Northwood

Northwood, nine miles east of Anderson in extreme eastern Grimes County, was founded in 1907 as a station on the newly constructed line of the Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway. In 1910 the community reported a population of 100, and a post office operated there from 1913 to 1915. By 1941 the population had fallen to an estimated twenty, and Northwood had one business. In 1948, the last year for which estimates are available, the town had a population of twenty, a church, a rural school, and a store.

Continue Reading

Charles Christopher Jackson | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Northwood is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Northwood is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Ulmer)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No