Peavy, or Peavy Switch, on the Texas South-Eastern Railroad in Angelina County, was the location of one of several small sawmills constructed in the vicinity of Lufkin during the 1880s. The site, four miles southwest of Lufkin near the junction of Farm roads 1194 and 1271, was named for members of the extensive Peavy family, which came to the Lufkin area from Alabama. Anderson Jasper Peavy was a well-known Angelina County and Louisiana lumberman. Peavy's population was 100 in 1904. In 1930 the Peavy Switch school district was united, along with those of Providence and Happy Hour, with the Hudson Consolidated Common School District west of Lufkin.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Peavy is part of or belongs to the following places:
Peavy is classified as a Town
Has Post Office