Pecan City was on the Colorado River east of Citrus Grove and a few miles northwest of Matagorda in south central Matagorda County. The settlement had a pumping plant on the Colorado River and by 1917 a four-grade school. The school, apparently the only school in the area, was consolidated with the Palacios Independent School District in the 1930s or 1940s. Pecan City does not appear on the 1936 county highway map.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Pecan City is part of or belongs to the following places:
Pecan City is classified as a Town
Has Post Office