Petty is at the intersection of Farm roads 1328 and 1317, eighteen miles northwest of Tahoka in northwestern Lynn County. It developed around 1900 as a result of the ranching and farming operations of W. T. (Bill) Petty, a Lynn County pioneer rancher and the manager of the T Bar Ranch. In 1917 a school district was formed, but growth was slow. By 1948 Petty had four businesses, a school, and a population of thirty. Its population was estimated at 100 in 1960. In 1974 the only remaining business was a cotton gin. From 1972 to 2000 the population of Petty was estimated at twenty-four.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Petty is part of or belongs to the following places:
Petty is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Petty by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."