Pisgah

Pisgah, a rural community on Farm Road 1878, ten miles northeast of Nacogdoches in northeastern Nacogdoches, was established before 1900 and named for the biblical Pisgah. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of sixteen. During the mid-1930s Pisgah had a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a church and a few scattered houses remained in the area. No population estimates were available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pisgah is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Pisgah is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.70573320
Longitude: -94.52298510

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No