Pleasant Hill

Pleasant Hill, a dispersed rural community, is a mile northeast of Edom and south of State Highway 64 in southeastern Van Zandt County. The Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, organized in the late 1800s, appeared on state highway maps in 1936, along with scattered dwellings. By the 1980s the church remained, but the community's development as a separate townsite had been halted by the growth of Edom.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pleasant Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Pleasant Hill is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.38458970
Longitude: -95.56745970

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No