Redtown is on Farm Road 1819 fourteen miles west of Lufkin in western Angelina County. The settlement was founded around 1900. A post office operated under the name Red from 1906 to 1907. In the mid-1930s Redtown had two churches, a school, and a store. Many residents have since left the area, but in the early 1990s there were still two churches and a cemetery at the site. In 2000 the population was fifty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Redtown is part of or belongs to the following places:
Redtown is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Redtown by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."