Rhodes was eighteen miles northwest of Brazoria in northwest Brazoria County. A Rhodes post office was established in 1888 and discontinued in 1890, when service was transferred to Damon Mound. The town was evidently named for Joseph A. Rhodes, its first postmaster. In 1890 the community had two general stores, a sawmill, a gin, and a population of fifty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Rhodes is part of or belongs to the following places:
Rhodes is classified as a Town
Has Post Office