Ruth was near Henson Mountain ten miles southeast of Gatesville in southeast Coryell County. A post office served the community from 1885 to 1905, when mail was directed to Straw's Mill. Ruth had a church and a cotton gin, and its school operated until 1912, when it was consolidated with the Ewing school. In 1940 Ruth's population was twenty. Fort Hood took in the site in 1942.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ruth is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ruth is classified as a Town
- (Farmers Spring)
Has Post Office