Live Oak was a mile west of Farm Road 673 in northwestern Bee County. The community was originally called Ryan's Neighborhood after John Ryan, who settled in the vicinity in 1834. In 1883, when the first church and school were built, the name was changed to Live Oak. In 1905 Live Oak had a school with fifty-one students and one teacher. The community had a school and scattered dwellings during the 1930s. By the early 1980s Live Oak was no longer shown on county highway maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ryan's Neighborhood is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ryan's Neighborhood is classified as a Town
- (Live Oak)
Has Post Office